Friday 24 August 2012

Grockles

I know we need them and all that (as there's eff-all other real employment prospects here) but I'll be glad when the summer holidays finish and the grockles go home. As I work in the tourist industry here I should feel treacherous saying this, like biting the hand that feeds - not to mention the fact that I'll take a massive drop in my income until next year if I can't get any other work during winter - but I don't really as the roads are crowded, the beaches - weather permitting and even when it's not permitting - are crowded and the ferry companies charge a scandalous amount to cross the Solent between July and September.
No surfing opportunities until after the bank holiday, probably later next week if I can arrange something.
Can't wait until October and my trip to Cornwall, when I'll be a grockle myself...we're all grockles somewhere else.

In the meantime, here's a surfy sort of tune from Green Day.